Saturday, August 6, 2016

Hex Wheels

The included wheels and tires are great for running on grass and fluffy dirt (like a baseball diamond) but since I wanted to run the Dual Block tires, I needed to get some true 2.2 wheels.  Originally, I ordered Tamiya 54338 and 54339 wheels.


While looking around at other DT-02/3 builds, I came across a front wheel hex adapter made by GPM.



I couldn't find any info on these and couldn't find any other ways that people ran front wheel hexes. These were $10, so I figured I'd take a chance and see how they go.  Looking around at hex wheel options, I settled on Tamiya Dark Impact wheels.  It seems very popular to run DF03 rear wheels but I really wanted to run the matching front wheels too.  I've never seen anyone do this so maybe I'll be the first!





No comments:

Post a Comment